1. EFLM Award for Excellence in Outcomes Research in Laboratory Medicine
The Award is given to the best published paper, as judged by an independent panel of experts, which demonstrates improved clinical and/or economic outcomes of an in vitro diagnostic test or better management of laboratory/test data.
2. EFLM Award for Excellence in Performance Specifications Research
The Award is given to the best published paper, as judged by an independent panel of experts, which demonstrates an important and novel contribution to the theory or practical application of performance specifications.
Both awards, consisting of a certificate and a sum of 5,000 Euro each, will be presented at the 23rd IFCC-EFLM EuroMedLab Congress in Barcelona (May 19-23, 2019)
- Entries must have been published or finally accepted for publication between 1 January 2018 and 15 February 2019
- Entries must be published in English in a peer-reviewed medical, scientific or health economics journal
- The submitting author must be the first or last author of the paper and a member of an EFLM National Society
- The Award will be presented to the first author, who is responsible for division of the
Applications, clearly marked for which award, must be submitted by first or last author of the paper and must be accompanied by:
- Reprint of the publication or (in the case of publications in press), a manuscript copy and a copy of the journal Editor’s letter indicating the final acceptance for publication
- Short CV of the submitting author
- Document proving membership to an EFLM Society
- Statement signed by all authors of the publication consenting to submission of the paper for the Award and to the conditions of entry
Committee for publication and public relation